An ideal website that excels has a phenomenal web design that enhances your UX, has an outstanding functionality and truly complements the content.
Within just five seconds of landing on your page, are your visitors able to determine what services/products you offer?
Are they able to navigate easily to blogs if they wish to?
Does your website have a low bounce rate?
If your answer is No, then it’s high time to revamp your web development strategy and optimize it to stand above the rest in 2021. Maximizing your visibility and online presence are just meaningless without a conversion-worthy website.
There are n numbers of styles and directions for web development to choose from– from minimalistic to classy and from sleek to modern. But, whatever you choose, the final look-and-feel should exude your brand identity, personal style and line of work. Have a look at five brilliant web development tips for beginners that always work and are a must to survive in the e-battle.
1. Minimalistic Home Page
Your home page is the face of the website and should instantly convey your core message. Rather than focusing on flowery language and word count, it’s always better to serve the exact. People often don’t read everything mentioned on your page. Rather, they are looking for certain phrases, keywords and images.
Read More: How to make your blog emerge as a brand?
The less the visitors have to read and remember, the better they would be able to evaluate the content. Make sure to provide accurate, clear and concise information.
For an inviting and presentable web layout, follow these simple tips.
- Keep the web layout helpful, direct and absolutely simple. Remove all unnecessary information that may confuse your visitors.
- Deploy white spaces between elements in such as way that they offer a spacious and well-balanced feel. Content should be written in small, legible paragraphs.
- Use infographics, HD imagery and vector icons to keep your point.
- Don’t forget to add a call-to-action button on your homepage.
2. Readability of Web Content
“Readability” refers to how easily people understand and recognize sentences, phrases and thus, the idea. With high readability, users can easily scan and skim-read the content. This implies effortless grasping of information.
How to achieve website readability?
- Color Contrast: Ensure sufficient contrast between the background color and the text. It is important not only for website readability but accessibility as well. If you are planning to use your brand’s specific colors, then make sure to follow the contrast rule. There are many tools available on the internet to help you pick the right color combination.
Typography: For a responsive website, the font size should be at least 16px. Anything smaller than this font may hamper the visibility of the visually challenged people. The size also depends on the template as well as the fonts you are using for web development. Serif Fonts are usually considered to be the best for websites.
- Limit your fonts: Don’t use more than three typefaces throughout your website. Too many variations may make your website appear cluttered and may distract the user from your brand identity.
The user should be able to easily navigate throughout your website. Without proper navigation assistance, links or menus, it may get frustrating to get back to the original landing page. Always remember, website navigation is not a place to be avant-garde.
The users should be able to find what they are looking for. This significantly boosts the user experience.
How to improve website navigation?
- Always link your logo to the home page.
- Whatever menu style you are following, it should be prominent and easy to navigate.
- Use anchor menu when designing single-page websites.
- Don’t forget to place all important links, social media handles and contact information on the footer.
4. Security and Technology
Security is integral to every web development project. You must approach professional web development teams for web designing. Though some HTML, browser and script errors are disregarded, it is always recommended to follow all www validation protocols strictly.
Generally, the web development teams take your budget into account while finalizing the framework and language for your website. Prefer latest technology when you are planning to redesign your website to mitigate all the loopholes of a potential breach.
Also, you must ensure that your website is mobile-friendly if you wish to stay unconquered in the e-world. It plays a vital role in traffic conversion, SERP rankings and ultimately your visibility.
A blog is just not used to share vital information with the users but it gives them a reason to visit your website regularly. By running an engaging blog, your web presence gets boosted multi folds.
So, these were the five web development tips to help you drive through the digital road without any hassles. Stay tuned to unveil some more exciting digital/ blogging hacks.
Don’t forget to share your experience on social media!