Google often makes steady updates and changes to its search engine algorithm. In order to sustain these changes, one issue always stands true i.e., wishing to cope with each on-web page search engine optimization and off-web page search engine optimization.
To assist you with the bits and bobs of each, and retune your method to match the current standards of search engines, here is a complete guide to each of those critical search engine optimization processes.
What is On-Page SEO?
On-Page SEO comprises of basic search engine optimization tactics such as:
- Page title and page copy comprises keywords.
- Meta description optimization to stand out in SERPs (search engine results pages).
- Using alt tags and HTML codes
That is the foundation for on-page SEO.
Talking about On-Page SEO, it is all about improving the things or taking measures within the site in order for the site to stand out.
Following are several factors on which On-page SEO depends:
- Content – Content has always been a powerful tool to work on. Through improved and consistent On-Page SEO, it is important to bring the visitors to your website and it is only possible when right keywords are used, meta description is mentioned accordingly, internal linking is done.
- Keywords – It is the cornerstone of SEO. Best keywords when used properly increases the sustainability of the website and also increases the number of searches further resulting in the page to appear on SERP. Keywords are best described as the words that might be most searched according to Google’s algorithm.
- Title tag – The 65 characters’ attraction. Title tag is also one of the most vital factors for On-Page search engine optimization. It helps you to ultimately grow your page and set it as a leading site or page on the basis of SERPs. Title tag should be simple yet attractive in order to achieve the best searched page thing.
- Meta description – The 155 characters’ attraction. The second most important linking or say, internal change that helps in standing out your page among brands and collaterals is called meta description. Meta description briefly describes everything of what you will see on respective blogs or more.
- Mobile Friendliness – It is evident that everyone does have smartphones generally. But, what if one cannot carry their laptop with them but need to open your site? This can only take place if your site or page is mobile friendly and supports web as well as android or phone.
What is Off-Page SEO?
As the name suggests, all the factors off your page that help in improving the ranking of your page. Off-Page SEO is done through the factors that control your own websites. Getting something on Social-Media or backlinks are also a part of Off-Page SEO.
Following are several factors on which Off-page SEO depends:
- Backlinks – The quality and quantity of backlinks surprisingly affects the positive approach on your page. There are several ways to amend backlinks which are as follows:
- By doing Guest blogging
- By being featured in any specific industry trade publications
- By Seeking out contacts in your genre who’d be happy to share your content
- By self-guesting on a podcast
- Participating in an industry specific community such as a forum or more, etc.
- Social Promotion – Social Media trends have been setting up extensively for the past 5 years. Nothing can be the best way to reach a potential audience that sets up your own brand. Social Media promotions or optimization or marketing is nothing new in the SEO industry but is still the most important factor.
- Domain Authority – It is the measure given to your website according to the strength of your website by google. It is given between 1-100 and worth to opt in with Off-Page Search Engine Optimization. Strengthened domain authority assures your page to rank higher and in the search results and stand out greater, new, unique, creative and valuable.
- Local SEO – Rating and reviews have been the absolute part of SEO and rankings of respective pages in higher searches. Getting ratings and reviews done such as on google my business and on more such apps and sites helps your page appear locally in searches that are based or simplified on the basis of general needs.
Difference between On-Page SEO and Off-Page SEO:
|ON PAGE SEO||OFF PAGE SEO|
|On-Page SEO includes the idea of providing conceptualised content, relative keyword selection, appropriate title tags for every pages etc.||Off-Page SEO includes building backling through various ways, increasing the popularity of link popularity, exchanging the link, strengthening the domain and promoting it on social media etc.|
|Whole website is analysed in On-Page SEO.||Whole website is being promoted through various ways in Off-Page SEO.|
|In this, internal linking is used to carry forward.||In this, direct linking is used to carry forward.|
|Techniques used are as follows: Publishing conceptualized content. Optimizing page title tags. Generating good meta descriptions. Optimizing highly oriented page content. Formatting of headings and content Keyword based SEO images URL optimization. Internal links. External links.||Technique used are as follows: Outreaching the influencers.Contributing as guest writer.Engaged social media.Submission of Forum.Submission of Article|
Optimize your page now
In order to follow an ambitious digital marketing approach and make your brand or pages or business website to stand out unique, it is quite important to gather all the optimization rules, factors, processes, and everything related to it and then work on it.
SEO is not a single dimension-oriented marketing factor. SEO is multi-dimensional. This guide will surely help you achieve your goals based on SEO and digital marketing through various factors and techniques.